Source Lists:

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

#1 Marvin Gaye, What's Going On (1971)


Going straight for the album list to kick things off. You'll note that I am going from 1 to 100, rather than counting down to 1. I mean, for goodness sake people, it's a global pandemic. Let's not tempt fate.

The best album of all time, according to Rolling Stone, is Marvin Gaye, What’s Going On. Mind blowing. The first time through I just sat and read the lyrics all the way through. Then I listened to the entire album, DELUXE version on repeat and hung out. Imagine missing out on this your entire life!

Before you know it I’m like... coloring. My planner was in front of me and I just started drawing. I can’t remember the last time I doodled for more than an hour, can you? I'm newly retired and I feel like I'm learning how to do it. On this night, I felt like I was a 12-year old, sitting in my room, listening to music, and drawing. More of this please.

Ok so please enjoy my wondrous art, you’ll notice I was channeling some election anxiety. The first listen was October 31, 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment